Richard Koskovich moved to Alaska from Minnesota in 1973, where he made the transition from construction to full-time goldsmith. Wildlife enthusiasts were among his first customers. With their encouraging support, he was able to continue and further develop his exceptional talents as a goldsmith.
“The first 18 pieces I made were entered in the 1975 Fur Rendezvous Arts and Crafts Competition. They won First Place in the Arts division and “Best for Show” overall. The orders from that exhibit got me going and I have kept very busy ever since.”
Several Awards and Exhibits have taken place since then:
1995 Niche Awards, Finalist
- Anchorage Museum, “Earth, Fire & Fiber”
- “Maui ‘80” Entry Winner & Exhibit, Maui, Hawaii
- Sidney Mobell Jewelers, Show & Exhibit ‘82, San Francisco, California
- Gumps, Show & Exhibit ‘83, Beverly Hills, California
- Safari Club International Show, Exhibit & Award Winner
- Foundation for North American Wild Sheep, Show & Exhibit
- International Sportsman, Show & Exhibit
- Wildlife Art Collectors Society, Show & Exhibit
Koskovich’s works have been displayed in galleries and shows throughout the United States and his pieces are owned by collectors worldwide, including John Denver, Stephan Stills, Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys), Brenda Vacarro, and Barry Goldwater. He recently was commissioned to make a special gold pin for President George H. W. Bush.
This self taught artist is known for his precise detail and commitment to quality. He has an obvious gift for design, and is clearly no ordinary goldsmith. His fine craftsmanship will suit the most discriminating purchaser, who is also looking for “something different”.
Richard & Ann Koskovich reside in scenic Homer, Alaska. Ann is also a licensed real estate broker for the Homer area.
Richard & Ann Koskovich
P.O. Box 1282
Homer, Alaska 99603
NEW PHONE NUMBER!